Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 10:26:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Preisler <john@helium.vapornet.com>
To:        Kristian Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Current)
Subject:   RealPlayer 5.0

The problem exists in the freebsd native raplayer, and amp, and a
bunch of other sound utils.  catting something to /dev/audio works
though.  I get symptoms like kernel messages that say

isa_dma_acquire: channel 5 already in use

and the probe no longer finds my sound card completely either.  for sbxvi0
i get a ?

sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbxvi0 at ? drq 5 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster 16 4.13>
sbmidi0 at 0x330 on isa
snd0: <SoundBlaster MPU-401>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
snd0: <Yamaha OPL3 FM>

generic sb16 clone that worked up until october or so.

-j