Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2013 14:41:09 +0800 (SGT)
From:      Quark <unixuser2000-fbsd@yahoo.com>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Announce: Unofficial binary package builds for old releases

=0A=0A----- Original Message -----=0A> From: Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.c=
om>=0A> To: freebsd-ports@freebsd.org=0A> Cc: =0A> Sent: Wednesday, 5 June =
2013 10:42 PM=0A> Subject: Announce: Unofficial binary package builds for o=
ld releases=0A> =0A> =0A> (cross posting this from hackers by request)=0A> =
=0A> =0A> Thanks to poudriere making this easy, we're now making public our=
 =0A> (unofficial!) constantly being rebuilt repository of binary packages =
for old =0A> FreeBSD releases and less popular architectures.=0A> =0A> See =
http://ftpmirror.your.org/pub/FreeBSD-Unofficial-Packages for instructions =
=0A> on how to use this.=0A> =0A> How do these differ from the official pac=
kages?=0A> =0A> 1) We're building packages for 9.1 all the way back to 7.2.=
=0A> =0A> 2) We're constantly grabbing new versions of ports and rebuilding=
 as fast as =0A> the builders can go. Our goal is to rebuild the latest ver=
sion (9.1 right now) =0A> in both amd64 and i386 every 24 hours, and all ot=
her versions every 7 days.=0A> =0A> 3) We're leaving up old versions (in th=
e All directory) of everything, so =0A> you can grab older versions if we h=
ave them.=0A> =0A> 4) We're building everything twice, one by default and o=
ne a special =0A> internal-use version that has X11, examples, debugging an=
d a few other features =0A> shut off. If the port can't be built without th=
ose features, it just gets =0A> skipped. (This may not be of use to anyone =
other than us)=0A> =0A> 5) We're building packages for i386, amd64, ia64, a=
nd have the hardware in =0A> house to build for PPC, ARM and sparc64 if any=
one asks for it.=0A> =0A> (As of this writing, our ia64 box just started bu=
ilding things, and looks like =0A> it'll take another 5+ days to finish. If=
 you need ia64, give it a few days.)=0A> =0A> =0A> Feel free to contact me =
with any questions, or suggestions for how this might be =0A> more useful t=
o you. If you could actually use this on any other release or =0A> architec=
ture that isn't currently listed, please let me know. If there's =0A> anyon=
e out there that would prefer pkgng instead of the old style packages, we =
=0A> might be able to get those going too. This is primarily for our own in=
ternal use =0A> so I don't want to add support for a ton of things if nobod=
y is going to use =0A> this, so speak up if you want something!=0A> =0A> =