Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:10:00 +0100
From:      CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
Subject:   Re: Second severe crash in six weeks

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 11:22 PM, Bertram Scharpf
<lists@bertram-scharpf.de> wrote:
> since I upgraded to FreeBSD 11.0, every second
> port rebuild freezes the system. Besides that,
> in the last two weeks I had two packages that
> refused to build.

In the first place, please run into single user then tun FSCK -F on
all local partitions, I found UFS2 a but buggy when +SU is enabled,
that would skip filesystem check on a dirty filesystem, causing
problems you are mentioning..

If the filesystem is okay and you still have those problems, please
find another spare disk, replace one you have, install old system and
see if the problem persist. If so that would mean hardware failure
(excluding disk problems). If not then you may find a bug it would be
good to know about :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek