Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 14:28:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jasper Wallace <jasper@ivision.co.uk>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: migrating stable onto my machines

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody got a good method for upgrading machines on
> a network... let me clarify.  We've got five or six machines
> all running freebsd-stable's of one variety or other.  One of
> them now tracks the -stable tree, but I want to be able to
> update the others without them theirselves having to also have
> a copy of the source tree on them.  I guess a sort of remote
> make install would work.

I've got to do this on our network in the next week or so, and my curent
thoughts are:

nfs mounted /usr from the machine tracking -stable

or

rdist

> Clues recieved on a postcard will be placed into hat and
> drawn next week for a free pint of beer. :)

any jobs going down there, my contract runs out in 3 weeks. (pavillion are
in surry right? I'm not confusing you with someone in southampton?)

--
Jasper Wallace-Internet Vision | Caving-Acorn-RiscBSD-Chocolate-Banks-Fish
My opinions != IVisions's      | PovRay-FVWM-Perl-C-Mono-Food-Wired-?