Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 2020 11:56:46 +0100
From:      Daniel Morandini <danielmorandini@me.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   lagg interface

Dear FreeBSD community,
I am building a prototype router which provides a network access point =
to its client through a wireless interface (rtwn0: Realtek 802.11n WLAN =
Adapter, class 0/0, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 4). Currently the packets =
received from the wlan0 interface are NATed through my phone attached =
via usb cable, tethering mode enabled (ipheth1: <Apple Inc. iPhone, =
class 0/0, rev 2.00/8.01, addr 6>).

What I would to do is to improve the network throughput by exploiting =
two phones instead of one. For that I was testing the lagg(4) interface, =
but I have troubles debugging why the link does not get up (I never =
managed to have at least a laggport <ACTIVE>).

=46rom what I got from the docs, I cannot expect to be able to use =E2=80=9C=
 acp=E2=80=9D as distribution algo, as it requires the other side of the =
links (the phones in this case), to implement the proto too, and it is =
not the case. I would expect to see =E2=80=9Cfailover=E2=80=9D, =
=E2=80=9Cloadbalance=E2=80=9D and =E2=80=9Croundrobin=E2=80=9D to work =
though.

Is there someone that can help me understanding?

Best regards,
Daniel=