Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:59:46 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        FreeBSD STABLE <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   make installworld fails on libperl.a

I am using a FreeBSD-4.7-STABLE (Jan24) to build world and
kernel for an older machine (Pentium1).

buildworld and buildkernel proceed OK on the build host.

In the install host I do:

mount build:/usr/src /usr/src
mount build:/usr/obj /usr/obj
make	installworld

and then I get an error about a missing perl library.

This already occurred twice, in the last two days (I cvsup
my sources daily).

Has this been noticed already? Error messages below.

Fernan

Quoting the last lines of the output:
===> gnu/usr.bin/perl
===> gnu/usr.bin/perl/libperl
install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444   libperl.a /usr/lib
install: libperl.a: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/libperl.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin.