Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 19:05:24 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Carey Nairn <Carey.Nairn@ccd.tas.gov.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AWE64 support ?

Carey Nairn:
 |At 12:48 3/11/97 -0500, Randall Hopper wrote:
 |>       http://multiverse.com/~rhh/awedrv
 |
 |Thanks for the info.  I have been using OSS/FreeBSD with the evaluation
 |license for the last few days but that seems to have some problems (most
 |notably crashing the machine if you unload the LKM).  I'll give your driver
 |a spin and see what happens.
 |
 |I noticed that there is a new version (0.4.2) on the AWEDRV homepage.  Has
 |that one been ported yet or should I use the v0.4.0 port for now?

0.4.0 was the last AWEDRV version I synced up with FreeBSD.  As usual,
Takashi integrated my FreeBSD diffs into the main source dist so if no big
changes since then, 0.4.2 might work from his site.  If you hit any
problems, you might just pick up 0.4.0.  Probably not too much has changed.
0.4.0 is very stable BTW -- no complaints here.

Randall