Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 1997 15:59:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Paul G. Donner" <pdonner@cisco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A few questions.

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Paul G. Donner wrote:

> ===========
> QUESTION #1
> ===========
>
> Does anyone know where I can find the following utilities for
> FreeBSD/386:
>
> (1) g++ 2.7.2 or higher

Installed by default on 2.2 and later systems.

> (2) lib g++ 2.7.1

Ditto.

> (3) flex

Available through the ports & packages system.

> I am executing /stand/sysinstall to attempt this.  My first attempt
> was to try to get gateD to install.  I still don't have enough space
> to copy the entire CD-ROM onto my DOS/WIN partition.  What files do I
> need to copy over to the DOS/WIN partition to get this install to
> work.  I will be trying to install other components so I need to do
> the same thing for them too.

Use 'pkg_add' instead.  Just copy the package file from packages/All onto
your FreeBSD partition, restoring the name since win95's filesystem will
munge it, then give that file as the argument to pkg_add

pkg_add package.tgz

Obviously do this as root.

> Is anyone developing a driver for a Toshiba XM-1202B CD-ROM?  Any
> other Toshiba CD-ROM types?

If they are ATAPI compatible they should work by default.