Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:58:25 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        nmanisca@vt.edu (nm)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ok...

nm wrote:
> ok... as of this minute i am doing a buildworld on my alpha
> of a cvsup that i did today...
>
> first thing i noticed was that there was a little confusion
> because gcc was in /usr/local/bin instead of /usr/bin
> a couple symlinks licked it...

I think that only cpp should have needed a symlink (as noted in NetBSD
docs). FWIW, the FreeBSD tools end up in their proper places. 8-)

> then i needed to add the uucp and mail groups to my /etc/group
> now i just noticed that it failed because of a missing man group,
> how should i go about this since in /usr/src/etc/group man is number 9
> but number 9 is taken in  /etc/group (netbsd) ?

Compare the groups in FreeBSD's src/etc/group with NetBSD's /etc/group.
Add _all_ the missing ones. I don't think the numbers clash.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137