Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:25:06 -0000
From:      "Richard Mace" <RichardM@mhsoftware.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   "missing operating system" after first re-boot

Hello,

I have tried installing Free BSD 4.5 on a number of occasions, and I keep
getting "missing operating system" on the first re-boot.

I must admit that I am mostly a Windows user, so I choose "Auto" for the
partitioning, which appears to set partitions up correctly, but I just can't
seem to get it booting after install.

I have read that the FreeBSD partition has to be set to active, which I did,
but I keep getting the same message.

Could someone help me out please?

Thanks in advance.

Richard Mace