Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 16:40:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Marino.Ladavac@aut.alcatel.at (Marino Ladavac)
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Adaptec sequencer code (was: SVNET Meeting)

Terry Lambert wrote:

> For the purposes of binary distribution, it ought to be easier to
> either get the sequencer code un-GPL'ed, rewrite it, or someone sign
> a non-disclosure with Adaptec and write a binary driver distributed
> soley as .o files.
>
> 8-|.

	Since the sequencer code is, as far as I could understand,
	just a bunch of raw binary data, is it not itself basically
	unreadable (bar disassembly) and as such non disclosing?

	I mean, knowing how they did program the sequencer is nice,
	but do we really care that much, as long as it works?

	I don't know about Adaptec's opinion on distributing only the
	object format of the sequencer.  Is that kosher?

/Alby