Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 13:05:07 +0200
From:      Nils Holland <nils@daemon.tisys.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Finally a Linux with a ports collection

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 07:14:58PM -0500, Hector Gonzalez Jaime stood up and spoke:
> > > On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 04:49:02PM -0700, Gregory Sutter wrote:
> > > It's raining in Fort Worth.
> >
> > It snowed here this week in the northwest (around Washington state, USA).
> > We had about an 1/8 inch in Marysville, but I read that some towns in
> > eastern Washington had 18 inches!
> >
> > I read it is the coldest May ever around here. The temperatures have been
> > from cold 30 F to warm mid-60's.
> >
> >    Jeremy C. Reed
> >    http://www.reedmedia.net/
>
> It's around 34 C (93 F) where I live, at 7 p.m. (Guadalajara, Mexico),
> it's been quite a warm May.  Not much snow at all, just once (some five
> years ago) in the last century.

To bring this weather discussion back onto FreeBSD-track a little bit: We
had a thunderstorm here last week and the power failed, taking down my
FreeBSD box with 239 days uptime (my personal record). I guess I should get
myself an UPS - however, the power failure was not that bad, since I
figured that if I had to start from zero uptime again anyway, I could also
invest a few hours and bring that FreeBSD box "up-to-date"...

Greetings
Nils

--

Nils Holland <nils@daemon.tisys.org>