Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 20:16:03 -0400
From:      "Michael G. Petry" <petry@NetMasters.Com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        arg@arg1.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Matrox Millenium with 8M and BT848

A couple of us with Matrox cardsan 8meg have seen a strange shifting of the
video image when running fxtv. I'm running it at 1280x1024 in 24 bit mode with
a Bpp of 4. In the course of trying to understand the problem, it seems the
image is shifted by 256 pixels.  What concerns me is 1280 - 1024 is where I
came up with the guess of 256. (it use to run justfine in 1024x768)

In TVCAPTUREStart of tvcapture.c I changed the folowing:

      video.addr = x->base_addr + (((g.y * x->pitch) + g.x + 256 ) * Bpp);
							    ^^^^^
This is a real hack at looking for the root cause. I don't know if this is a
Matrox peculiarity or not. Are any others running in a higher than 1024xXXXX
mode on their video boards and experiencing an image shift?

Thanks,
Mike