Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:07:27 +0200
From:      Joel Dahl <joel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marcus Alves Grando <mnag@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: azalia(4) from NetBSD

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 00:34 -0300, Marcus Alves Grando wrote:
> Multimidia,
>
> I have plan to import azalia(4) from NetBSD to FreeBSD. Can someone show
> me what's need? How i can proceed? That's possible?

I'm not sure this is such a good idea.  Stephane E. Potvin and a few
others are already working on HDA support and several patches are
available in the list archives.  You'd probably only be duplicating work
if you decide to port the azalia driver from NetBSD, so if you really
want to help, you should take a look at the following patches:

The original driver from Stephane E. Potvin:
http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/hdac_20060525.tbz

http://darkircop.org/hdac.tgz
http://darkircop.org/hdac-rec.tgz

http://files.chemikals.org/hdac.tgz

>From Daniel Eischen:
http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/hdac.tgz

I can't stop you from porting the azalia driver, but I would like to
encourage you to at least take a look at what we already have before you
do anything.  :-)

--
Joel