Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:10:04 +0000
From:      "Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on SunFire V100

>From: Pete Bentley <pete@sorted.org>
>
>Really?  Not on my X1 it doesn't...
>
>You *did* set the MAC address to something non-zero before trying
>that, right?

Yeah.  I tried with and without.  No matter what I do after a ping, even a
single ping packet, it does:

IOMMU fault virtual address 0x63206000
panic: pcib: uncorrectable DMA error AFAR 0xc0758818 AFSR 0x4100ff0060800000
cpuid = 0;

> > I'll be using NetBSD on this box by the looks of things.  If I get
>another
> > box and enough spare time I'll raise a bug report.
>
>For what it's worth, I also had trouble with NetBSD on the X1
>so decided to persevere with FreeBSD.  YMMV.

Not good news.  I may end up having to install Solaris on this box in that
case, something I want to avoid.  Any other OSs worth suggesting?

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?