Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 95 10:00:03 EAT
From:      Yen-Wei Liu <ywliu@lin.wsl.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        root@jd-unix.wpafb.af.mil (Jeffrey D. Dean ROOT)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Anonymous Account with ftpd

>       I'm having a heck of a time trying to allow ~ftp/pub
> to point to a different directory (symbolic link). I'm using
> wu-ftpd, and have created ~ftp with all the "suggested" file modes for
> ~ftp/bin, ~ftp/etc ... I'm guessing that the software was designed to not
> allow changing directories to a symbolic link??? Is their any way to get
> around this.
>
>       I would like to continue to have ~ftp in /usr/home/ftp, but would
> like ~ftp/pub to point to /usr2/pub, i.e. My other HD...

I don't think this can be done, since anonymous ftp account is chroot'ed.
The symbolic , such as pub -> /usr2/pub , is not goning to work. Its root
dir is ~ftp.

What I have done is try to remount another partition under ~ftp/pub. Or
using NFS to export /usr/pub to itself is another good try.

--
Yen-Wei Liu
Internet e-mail address:ywliu@beta.wsl.sinica.edu.tw