Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:29:38 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: reliable HDD brand

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I would like to buy IDE HDDs for RAID, 40 Gb. Which IDE HDD brand is
>more
> >> reliable? Any useful links, your experience? For the moment we have
>chosen
> >> IBM Ericsson.
> >
> >We have good experiences with IBM *SCSI* disks. For IDE I hear mixed
> >stories about IBM, hmm.
>
>i've had pretty good luck with maxtor IDE as of late.  IBM SCSI disks
>are _supposed_ to be among the best, but Seagate used to have good
>SCSI.  I've also had good luck with fujitsu IDE drives, surprisingly
>enough.

Fujitsu seems to be the quiet one that nobody seems to have much experience
with (at least not myself or any that I know). They make very reliable (and
very slow) motherboards, and make some nice, big servers (at least I think
it was Fujitsu that makes a SPARC64 server with > 100 processors, one of the
most powerful servers in the world)

Does anyone have any BSD servers using Fujitsu drives? Any comments  about
them?