Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 07:02:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Newell <mnewell@newell.arlington.va.us>
To:        Gordon Henderson <gordon@drogon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP SCSI drives - Jumper settings?

Many manufacturers have the spec sheets, including jumper settings, on
their Web pages.  Have you checked out HP's?

Mike

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:47:13 +0100 (BST)
> From: Gordon Henderson <gordon@drogon.net>
> To: freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
> Subject: HP SCSI drives - Jumper settings?
>

> I have a pair of HP C3325A 2GB SCSI drives, whch I'm about to add into a
> FreeBSD news machine, but, alas, no manual for them. I need to connect
> them on the same bus - I've worked out SCSI ID, but there are 2 other
> jumpers, I'm presuming one is parity, the other termination enable. With
> both of them on the same bus, they verify ok from the BIOS (Adaptec PCI
> card), but I'm woried that under heavy load, if both are terminated then I
> may see problems. The jumpers are set as below:
>
>      012 34 56789
>      *** ** *****
>      ||   | |
>      *** ** *****
>
> This being ID 3, the ID jumpers being the leftmost block of 3.
>
> Anyone any clues what the other jumpers do, or which one of 4 or 5 is the
> terminator enable jumper? (Or prehaps one of the others is a terminator
> disable..)
>
> Thanks for any input ...
>
> Gordon

Much obliged,

Mike

| Mike Newell                          | The opinions expressed herein      |
| Affiliation:                         | are mine.  You can take them or    |
| Address:                             | leave them.  Flames to /dev/null.  |
| Mike@Newell.arlington.va.us          | http://www.newell.arlington.va.us  |
| "Peace.  It's wonderful!"  Father Divine.                                 |