Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:21:23 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alternate port randomization approaches

Hi Mike,

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, 04:03-0600, Mike Silbersack wrote:

[...]
> Although this isn't a perfect fix, I think that it should be
> acceptable for the vast majority of systems, and I'd like to get it
> in before 4.11-release ships.  To be conservative, I'll probably
> choose a value like 5, which should be fine for most systems out
> there.  Super specialized users will always be able to lower it to
> 0.

Can we leave it zero by default?  I affraid this patch won't get much
testing before 4.11-REL.  The super specialized users will always be
able to set net.inet.ip.portrange.randomized whatever they want to.

The next thing I am worry about - some users already have
net.inet.ip.portrange.randomized=1 in their /etc/sysctl.conf and now
we are going to change a meaning of this sysctl.  Can we garantee
there are no any side effects with this setting?

I failed to find the documentation part of your patch also :-)

--
Maxim Konovalov