Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 12:58:33 -0700
From:      "Sam Leffler" <sam@errno.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   belkin omniview kvm switch lockup

I'm having problems with a belkin 2-port ps/2 omniview switch (F1DS102P).  I
have two machines connected; one running win2K the other freebsd-stable.  I
boot the win2k machine first and everything is ok--kbd and mouse work, the
port switches on the front work, and the hotswap keys are accessible.  I
power on the freebsd system (an emachines box) and things work at the bios
level but once -stable boots the kvm is stuck on the port where the freebsd
machine is hooked.  Front panel switches are inoperable and the hotswap keys
are inaccessible.  If I pull the keyboard and mouse cables for the freebsd
box then I can switch to the port where the win2k machine is located but the
keyboard is not usable (I can use the mouse to shutdown the machine).  The
only way to reset the kvm is to power everything down and yank cables (the
kvm gets power from the ps/2 ports).

Seems like the -stable atkdb driver is somehow confusing the kvm.  Belkin
"tech support" has no clues (the switch firmware is flash upgradable but no
updates on the web site look worth trying).

Has anyone used this switch w/ non-windows and/or non-mac systems w/ any
success?  I tried fiddling with the flags on atkbdc to reset/not-reset on
boot w/ no effect.

    Sam