Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 2020 09:45:30 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        soralx@cydem.org
Cc:        pkg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Recursive pkg-create including dependencies

--ftmm4rbl6hekb5t4

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 06:35:00AM -0700, soralx@cydem.org wrote:
>=20
> Hi, all.
>=20
>  It wasn't that long ago that I recall last running a command to create
>  a package for an installed port plus for all of its dependencies.
>  So a command like
>     pkg create -b <package> -r
>  would result in a directory filled with .tbz's -- everything needed
>  to run the application ('-b' because AFAIR the terminology included
>  "backup"; '-r' for "recursive").
>=20
>  Obviously, pkg-create does not do the job, and I found nothing in
>  other man pages.
>=20
>  Strangely, I just cannot remember the command or a tool that I used.
>  Can someone help refresh my memory?

This was apparently a feature from the ancient pkg_tools (which I wasn't aw=
are
of) this would probably be added to pkg. but before working on that, the
repositories aren't good enough for you?

Aka you can achieve the "same" by creating your own repository.

Best regards,
Bapt

--ftmm4rbl6hekb5t4

--ftmm4rbl6hekb5t4--