Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:44:18 +0100 (CET)
From:      Morten Grunnet Buhl <nemo@rudiment.dk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re: How to install freebsd through ftp?

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Lei Ding wrote:
> Hi,
> It asked me whether to use dhcp, I answered yes, then after about 3 minute,
> it displays the network configuration.
> this is my very first time to install freebsd, would you please tell me what
> should I do next in more detail?
- Are you behind a router, moden or other? do you get your ip throu DHCP.
  If you do get it through DHCP the gateway field should include an ip.
  does it do that? fille in your hostname and tab to your ipv4 and write
  the ip that your DHCP say is "legal" 10.0.* 192.168.* tab to ok and
  press enter. NB this is only if yor IP support DHCP in some way!