Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 22:51:13 +1030 (CST)
From:      Kristian Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recompiling all distfiles?

I've had occasion to recently "downgrade" my machine from 3.0 to
2.2-stable, and I had to do a bit of recompiling of one or two ports
(notably tcsh, from memory) to get them to work. I'd prefer to automate
this procedure and just leave it running overnight to recompile and
reinstall everything I've got installed to eliminate any "hidden"
problems which might show up at some stage down the track.

Is there any way to order a complete recompile of all ports for which the
distfiles exist on my machine (e.g. essentially not trying to pull down
distfiles from the net, or ignoring the errors from when my machine isnt
hooked up to the net?)

Kris