Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 20:34:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@iMach.com>
To:        Colin <cwass99@home.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bug-fixing previous -RELEASE, was Re: speaking of 3.4...

Hmm, this brings up another interesting question.  First, to put this in
context:

And, Colin wrote:
>      My point is, if a new release every quarter scares you, upgrade
> once/year (except bugfixes/security patches) and get on with your life.
> I used 3.0 for several months and life was good, and it still runs on
> one of my machines.  I upgraded this one for several reasons that were
> specific to me, your requirements will vary.

Ok, so, let's assume I JUST want to incorporate bugfixes into the -RELEASE
(be it 3.x or whatever) that I have on a particular machine.   How would I
go about doing this?

I have machines all the way from 2.2.2-RELEASE through 3.3-RELEASE, and
even one I track -STABLE on (for both development of a PicoBSD-based
"product" I am doing and also to keep the OS up to date).

It would be nice to leave the 3.x machines "alone" except for bugfixes.
The 2.2.2-RELEASE machine has been ignored for a LONG time as it would be
a pain to upgrade/rebuild.   I plan on replacing it this month.

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc@imach.com) KD7EHZ