Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 10:27:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Justen Stepka <jstepka@chaos.winternet.com>
Cc:        David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to lock out a nonpaying user?

1) Change shell to /usr/local/bin/locksh
2) Make the above file, similar to this:

#!/bin/sh
echo "You have an administrative hold on your account."
echo "Please contact Customer Service to reactivate services."
echo " "
echo -n "Logging attempt..."
mail -s "$USER tried to log in `date`" root < /dev/null > /dev/null
echo "Done."
exit 0

3) add their name to /etc/ftpusers
4) chown root /home/their_home_directory
5) chmod 700 /home/their_home_directory
6) make sure their personal web page is similarly moded.
7) nuke any radius or other PPP passwords they may have

Kevin