Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 1995 15:39:38 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Aled Morris <aledm@relay-europe.ps.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PCMCIA modem

What's the current status of support for PCMCIA modems?

I have 2.0R, and I tried adding:

device sio2 at isa? port "IO_COM3" tty irq 11 vector siointr

to my config file, but the card wasn't recognised on startup.  Under DOS
I can see the card from kermit using 3E8 and IRQ 11 - does this work because
Card Services are used in DOS?

Anyway, is there a quick fix to make this work, or do I have to wait till
the hot-swap-PCMCIA release of FreeBSD to use my modem?

Aled
--
aledm@relay-europe.ps.net  |  tel +44 973 207987
Perot Systems Europe Ltd.  |  fax +44 181 476 2419