Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:52:59 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Sean Hafeez <sean.hafeez@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual booting with opensolaris?

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 06:54:11PM -0700, Sean Hafeez wrote:
> googled - did not find anything.

Opps, sorry.  I misread the mailing list this is.
Even SIMPLER than my previous (x86) reply.
Easiest is to have two hard drives installed.  Install Solaris or FreeBSD
in any order.  Turn off the auto-boot feature (set auto-boot? false),
then use 'boot disk0' or 'boot disk1' to multi-boot.  You can also
install both FreeBSD and Solaris on the same disk.  Unlink some
architectures (like Alpha), FreeBSD/Sparc (and Solaris) don't care if /
is on the 'a' partition, nor if / is the first partition on the disk.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)