Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:10:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Holden <markh@HEMPAC.Net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        brightmn@a-v25.rh.sunyit.edu
Subject:   Re: sd0 timed out while idle

>> umm i'm looking into buying a Quantum bigfoot 6.4gig for personal use
>> bad idea?
>
>They like ventilation, is all.

Also, don't tighten the screws into the drive too hard, I've seen many
Quantum drives that were "repaired" by simply loosening the screws.  Seems
that it's not too tough to warp the drive enough to cause problems.  (No,
the screws weren't contacting the PC board)

All in all, the Quantums are good, reliable drives, just a bit touchy.
One of my FreeBSD machines (a PPro 200) has a Quantum 3.8G, and it gets
the best performance marks of the ones I've played with (mostly Western Dig.)

-Mark Holden