Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 03:31:07 -0400
From:      Wade Majors <wade@ezri.org>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   rhythmbox, monkey-sound, gstreamer?

Do you think we might see ports of these anytime soon?

RhythmBox
http://www.rhythmbox.org
A nice looking GNOME2 audio app that takes its inspiration from Apple's
iTunes.

monkey-sound
http://people.nl.linux.org/~jorn/monkey-media.html
A layer over GStreamer that RhythmBox uses

GStreamer
http://www.gstreamer.net
I'm not really sure on this one, but it appears to be something like
DirectSound only better (of course) in that any app using GStreamer can
transparently use any new codecs, filters, visuilization plugins, etc.
Sounds cool. I tried compiling this to get monkey-sound to compile (so I
could compile RhythmBox) but it complained it couldn't find popt 1.5 or
newer, but I have popt-1.5.1_1 installed from the ports collection.