Date:      Sun, 24 May 1998 15:44:19 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Dave Hummel <HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/share/info.i386

Dave Hummel wrote:

> This is an error I haven't encountered before. I supped stable
> this morning, and I got the following error. Previous build was
> April 4. Apologies if this has been discussed: I've been away
> for a bit, but I did search the archives and came up with
> nothing.

	Thank you for taking that step. :)

>  Cleaning up the obj tree
> <snip>
> ===> share/info.i386
> cd: can't cd to /usr/src/share/info.i386
> *** Error code 2

	This looks like the dreaded stale dependencies problem. Did you try
wiping out /usr/obj/* and start the make world again?

cd /usr/obj
chflags -R noschg *
rm -rf *
cd /usr/src
make world (or elaborate as normal)

Good luck,

Doug
--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
***   Proud designer and maintainer of one of the world's largest