Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 23:39:02 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why hard links for /.cshrc and /.profile ?

	Working on the next version of mergemaster I'm fixing the problem of
/.cshrc and /.profile being hard links to their counterparts in /root. I'm
aware of the reasons to link the files in the first place, however I'm a
little fuzzy on the reasons that they are _hard_ links, as opposed to soft
links. Completely aside from the fact that soft links would make _my_ life
easier, does anyone know the hysterical raisins for the current behavior?
I'd like to put a blurb about it in the mm manpage if nothing else.

Thanks,

Doug