Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2012 18:25:27 -0800
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why single click sometimes generates double click event?

On my system single click sometimes acts like double click when it
shouldn't.

There are some apps in which I keep noticing this.
For example, thunderbird often (but not always) opens the message when I
click on it once. Or, which is especially annoying, it opens the range
of messages for deletion when I click on the first one, and then on the
last one with the Shift. Intention is just a selection, and it opens
them like it was a double click.
And then there is the vnc window, which is very likely to go into the
maximized state from just one click (kde4 wm).
And in qbittorrent torrents sometimes open on single click.

As I understand, there is no such x11 event as "double clock", apps
detect double click based on ButtonPress/ButtonRelease x11 events. And
qt apps detect double clicks in qt framework. kde settings (400ms in my
case) should be used for this. There is also the line *multiClickTime:
400 in ~/.Xdefaults which I am not sure affects anything or not.

It looks like the second click follows the first one very promptly when
such click has never really been made. However 'xev' never shows such
fenomenon. It also isn't capable to "spy" after another app's mouse
events for some reason.

Did anybody have such problem?

Yuri