Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:03:40 GMT
From:      "Michael Nolan" <mmikkkk@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Floppy installation

Hey there,
Instead of blurting out some questions I'll just tell you my motivation and
what I've done so far.
I have an old 486 (~100MB, 8MB RAM) gathering dust in the corner of my room.
FreeBSD seems ideal to put it to some use.
After some lengthy navigation around your site I finally got to download
fdimage and bootfl~1.fl. I could only download this through IE5.0 into a
directory in Win95 and then fdimage it to floppy afterwards, (I have no DOS
FTP access).
After following the instructions I checked the disk and it is blank ,or,
seems to be blank.
Is there anything wrong with this procedure?
Regards,
Mick Nolan