Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2023 01:16:01 -0700
From:      "Pat Maddox" <pat@patmaddox.com>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Seeking guidance on submitting several new Python-based ports

Hi there, I have been working with Snowflake, dbt, and duckdb for the past several months. I have created 12 new ports in support of this. I've read Porter's Handbook a bunch, as well as Python Ports wiki page, and have taken this porting work as far as I can for the time being. I would like to get some guidance on how to submit these, as well as any feedback on changes I should make before submitting them.

I have a draft PR on GitHub to store my changes: https://github.com/patmaddox/freebsd-ports/pull/5/

Is it reasonable to submit several ports as part of one PR? For my purposes, there are a handful of "leaf" ports:

- databases/py-dbt-duckdb
- databases/py-dbt-snowflake
- databases/py-schemachange
- databases/py-snowddl

Primary supporting ports are:

- databases/py-dbt-core (used by py-dbt-*)
- databases/py-snowflake-connector-python (used by py-dbt-snowflake, py-schemachange, and py-snowddl)

So on one extreme, I have to submit each port, one-at-a-time, in order. On the other extreme, I submit all 12 in one PR.

How should I go about submitting these new ports?

Also, should I stay as the maintainer, or should I change them to python@freebsd.org because they are Python ports?

Thanks,
Pat