Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:20:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      borehawg <bangpath@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strating the GUI

I have also found stuff from the Linux Documentation Project to
be helpful as well, since a lot the utilities are GNU on both sides, and
others are either ported to or from Linux. It certainly doesn't apply to a
lot of FreeBSD specific features (partitioning, compiling kernels, etc)
but XFree86, basic networking tools and others are very similar (if not
the same). It was through reading Linux Doc Project that I originally
heard about xdm (or kdm, as I was thinking :-)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Sue Blake wrote:

> > At 12:38 PM 3/11/99 -0600, you wrote:
> > >
> > >Quick question that I don't think is technical enough for -qustions.  Have
> > >a desktop.  Is there a way to get an xwindows login prompt simular to

<snippage>

		 andrew     ------> 	bangpath@bellsouth.net