Date:      Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:38:15 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        Bill Kirkland <bill.kirkland@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: bluetooth headset

Bill,

>  I have noticed duplicate entries else where too, so suspect that is
>  not related to bluetooth ...
> =20
>  While I apparently can not repeat the results and did not capture the
>  output, I did get the remote_name_request to frunction once. Since
>  adding that to my script, it has not worked.

can you please tell what is the purpose of the script? why do you care
about remote device name anyway?

>  I did execute my script a few times ... but usually a minute apart or
>  so, but only executed the actual commands exactly as documented
>  in the log (I only removed some of the output, which I did not feel to
>  be relevent. I could capture ALL output if you feel that would help.)

well, did you try to execute just "remote_name_request" command few
times? not the whole script.

>  I am uncertian as to what you requested in the commands, as I only
>  see those referenced as remove variables, that one would set (and
>  am unsure how I would accomplish that too).=20

well, you could pass more then one parameter to the "remote_name_request", =
i.e.=20

% hccontrol -n ubt0hci remote_name_request BD_ADDR X Y Z

where "X" is a digit representing page scan repetition mode [0 - 2],
"Y" is  page scan mode [0 - 3] and "Z" is a clock offset (as you see
in inquiry response).

if you do not specify "X Y Z" the code will use defaults. usually
defaults work, but in some cases it may be required to adjust them.
these parameters control the way bluetooth device uses "calls" remote
device.

>  On the positive side I think (If I understand correctly), that I have a
>  connection!

ok

> + hccontrol -n ubt0hci read_page_scan_mode
> Page scan mode: 00
> + sleep 2
> + hccontrol -n ubt0hci read_page_timeout
> Page timeout: 5120.00 msec [8192 slots]
> + sleep 2
> + hccontrol -n ubt0hci read_connection_accept_timeout
> Connection accept timeout: 5060.00 msec [8096 slots]
> + sleep 2

i'm not sure what are you trying to accomplish by doing the commands above.

> + hccontrol -n ubt0hci read_remote_supported_features
>=20
> Usage: read_remote_supported_features <connection_handle>
>=20
> This command requests a list of the supported features for the remote
> unit identified by the connection handle parameter. The connection handle
>=20
> must be a connection handle for an ACL connection.
>=20
>  <connection_handle> - dddd; connection handle

the "read_remote_supported_features" requires baseband connection to be ope=
n.

> + hccontrol -n nbt0hci remote_name_request 00:0e:6d:90:45:86
> Could not execute command "remote_name_request". Operation timed out

well, everything is working, but the "remote_name_request" is timing
out :( what does hcidump says?

> + sleep 2
> + kill -9 5541
> Killed
> + hd+ uniq -C
>  /tmp/5485
> 00000000 05 00 00 00 ae 52 fb 42 b5 9e 02 00 01 20 0c 01 |.....R.B..... .=
.|
> 00000010 01 07 00 01 00 ae 52 fb 42 5d a8 02 00 04 0e 04 |......R.B].....=
.|

[...]

hmm... i'm a little bit confused by this. what is that supposed to be?=20

thanks,
max