Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:24:28 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Cindy Snopko" <cindy_lou16@hotmail.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP Wrapper

At 05:04 PM 4/3/2000 -0700, Cindy Snopko wrote:
>I have a TCP Wrapper question, and I hope you can answer it...
>
>I want to use a TCP wrapper to prevent a site (i.e., host.aaa.bbb.edu)
>from using the finger service on my machine, but all other hosts can
>use it, while only people logged into host.aaa.bbb.edu can telnet
>into my machine.
>
>Can you tell me how I can accomplish this using a TCP wrapper?

You would do well to consult the documentation at http://www.freebsd.org on
how to get the best results when posting a question so people can better
help you.
Specifically,
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html

If you are using a recent version of FreeBSD e.g. 3.3 and above, then edit
the file /etc/hosts.allow. If its a really old version, see
/usr/local/etc/hosts.allow

fingerd: host.aaa.bbb.edu: deny
fingerd: ALL allow

Also, you can get answers to questions like the one you asked at
http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml
Enter in *freebsd* in the forums section, and enter in the key words you
are looking for.  You will find answers to almost any question there.

         ---Mike