Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 1995 17:58:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Koehmstedt <bpk@kern.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   MULTIPORT flow control problems

	I'm using a 16 port BOCA multiport serial board on my FreeBSD
(950726) machine.  There seems to be a bad flow control problem (drops about
50% of the characters) with any modem I put on the BOCA board.  I put the
modem on com port 1, and it worked fine.  I've played with stty and it
didn't seem to help at all.

	The boca board is on irq 10 and starts at port 0x100.  This is what
I have in my kernel config file:

options COM_MULTIPORT
device          sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
# 16 port BOCA board
device          sio2    at isa? port 0x100 tty flags 0x1001 vector siointr
device          sio3    at isa? port 0x108 tty flags 0x1001 vector siointr
device          sio15   at isa? port 0x168 tty flags 0x1001 vector siointr
device          sio16   at isa? port 0x170 tty flags 0x1001 vector siointr
device          sio17   at isa? port 0x178 tty flags 0x1001 irq 10 vector siointr

	Any suggestions?

--
Brian Koehmstedt
bpk@kern.com