Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:31:15 -0800
From:      Eric Von Dollen <evondollen@earthlink.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

I am running the Walnut Creek April '97 CDROM FreeBSD version.  I installed
the java 1.1.5 package and noticed the instruction requiring installation
of gmake version 3.76.  I downloaded and installed this package and things
work fine, except for the messages:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: /usr/lib/libutil.so.2.1: minor version 1 older than expected 2, using it anyway
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: /usr/lib/libc.so.3.0: minor version 0 older than expected 1, using it anyway

that accompany each invocation of gmake.  Can you instruct me how to avoid these
messages?

Thank you for your help,
Eric Von Dollen
510-947-6618