Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2014 05:35:03 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <melvyn@magemana.nl>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to tell pkg it's OK to overwrite files by another port

Hi,

the issue:
for www/magento there is a sample data package. I'd like to make a port
for it, but the sample data overwrites a few files in the www/magento
port's installed files to match the sample theme.

This is OK and needed. But I don't know how to tell pkg this.

I can make the sample data an option in the magento port and keep it in
one port, but this would put a large burdon on maintaining the pkg-plist
on upgrades as sample-data is only updated when backwards incompatible
changes are made to the core that make the older sample data unusable.
So I prefer to maintain it as a separate port.

--
Melvyn