Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:44:15 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with some "tmac" files (was: Re: make delete-old hurts)

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:03:38 +0200 (EET)
Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> >> /usr/share/tmac/m.tmac:365: can't find macro file `mm/locale'
> >> *** Error code 1
> >>
> >> Indeed, file /usr/share/tmac/m.tmac, line 365:
> >>
> >> .el .mso mm/locale
> >
> > Please redo the installworld run and then run "make check-old" (I may not be
> > able to do this simple check myself today). If mm/locale gets listed, the
> > addition of it to the ObsoleteFiles.inc file is wrong.
>
>   OK, I've reinstalled 6.0-RELEASE and redone upgrade to CURRENT up to
> installworld. After that I've run "make check-old". Yes, file mm/locale
> is listed:

Uhm... no. What I meant was just a plain "make installworld" followed
by "make check-old" on -current after having already run "make
delete-old" previously.

What we want to know is "is this file removed by error?". We can see
this by having a clean -current and then running "make check-old". We
get a clean current either by installing a snapshot on a fresh
partition, or by rerunning the installworld on a system where
delete-old was run.

I just did a check-old on a -current system. Those files exist here
too, but they are empty (0 bytes).

Now the question is: are they supposed to be there and are they
supposed to be empty? I hope someone with some clues about this "tmac"
stuff will read this. I will remove those two files from
ObsoleteFiles.inc in a day if nobody tells us that their existence is a
bug.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler