Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:11:42 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?B?RGFuaWVsIFP2ZGVyc3Ry9m0=?= <askla@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Intel ia32 compatible, DEC Alpha, and PC-98 architectures...

Hi I'm new to all of the "UNIX" world, with that said...

I want to run a Game server and a Web server, and I thought that this would
be a great OS for that, due to the "advanced networking, performance,
security and compatibility", but what just make me confused is the "Intel
ia32 compatible, DEC Alpha, and PC-98 architectures" what does that mean? Do
I need specific hardware?

This is my computer:

Intel Pentium 4 S-478 2.266GHz 533MHz
DDRAM-333 1GB PC2700 (2x512), 333MHz
Aopen AX45-533  SiS 645DX
2xIDE 80G 7200rpm 8MB Cach
nVidia GeForce4 Titanium 4600,128MB TV out/Video in
Creative Soundblaster Live Player 5.1
IDE CD 52x
IDE CDRW 40/12/40x
3Com 3C905C-TX	10/100

Does it mean that I cant run this OS on my machine?

Excuse my enlish isn't so good :/