Date:      Fri, 08 Dec 1995 17:24:36 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        Faried Nawaz <fn@pain.csrv.uidaho.edu>, jis@mit.edu
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   legal to export DES outside of the US via Canada?

This is an amazing loophole if it is true,  but like the old saying goes,
it sounds too good to be true.  All it would take would be two coopoerating
parties to legally export (non-patented) non-commercial crypto code.

If this is true, I wonder why MIT's crowd of friends didn't pick up on it
with respect to Kerberos (which sounds like it meets all criteria)?

Paul