Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 2015 00:07:12 -0700
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-security@freebsd.org" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports Secteam

On 9 June 2015 at 22:30, Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org> wrote:

> How do we make the ports-secteam effective again? Team members?
> Infrastructure? New documentation and procedures?

ports-secteam's scope has grown since it was created.  The team needs
new, active, members to be able to deal with the VuXML and quarterly
branch portion of its work.  We also need to creating tooling to make
this easier: for instance it would be really awesome to automatically
create VuXML entries from CVE/CPE data.

> However, I'm not sure
> "number of commits" is necessarily a valuable metric when considering
> candidates...

I agree.  I *am* active as a ports-security member: I monitor relevent
open & closed security lists for concerns that may affect FreeBSD.  In
addition I watch pkgng development for new security concerns.  That
said, I havn't committed to the ports tree very much lately.

--
Eitan Adler