Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 09:39:52 -0100 (GMT)
From:      Remy NONNENMACHER <remy@synx.com>
To:        Kris Kirby <kris@ninbox.ml.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers list <FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Summary: shopping for new video adapter

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Kris Kirby wrote:

> Amancio Hasty wrote:
>
> > 4. support for multiple cards (you can have two milleniums in a system)
>
> Come on, let's see that working under FreeBSD. A PC with two monitors?
> At least we'd be gaining on the Macs.

Sure. 4 cards with XIg multi-headed. I use 2 21" monitors. A friend of
mine uses also a Sony16/10 25" (what a monster: res1920x1200).
That gives you a *REAL* workstation, in term of 'usable' display surface.
(and a lot of heat :)).

Be Aware of matrox cards: if the one you buy doesn't works immediatly OK,
return it for exchange (check that they do not return the same card). Old
Matrox cards production quality were pretty unstable. I recently bought
about 20 MII and had no problems (finger crossing!!).