Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 16:01:45 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Ilmar S. Habibulin" <ilmar@ints.ru>
To:        posix1e@cyrus.watson.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   secure deletion

May be it's an freebsd-fs@ question, but i think that it belings here to.
I heard that some linux fs (maybe extfs2?) have some secure deletion flag,
which being set on inode(file or dir) cause content of this file to be
wiped before deletion, so even if somebody manage to restore file, its
content would be unusable. I think, that it is nice feature, and i would
like to see it in freebsd. What would you say?

PS. I have implementation of this feature for freebsd-2.2.5. May be i can
port it to 3.x.