Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:21:19 +0200
From:      Ertan Kucukoglu <ertank@ozlerplastik.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   crontab entries

Hello,

I have problems with periodic command in crontab file.
---
# do daily/weekly/monthly maintenance
59  1   *   *   *   root    periodic daily 2>&1 | sendmail root
30  3   *   *   6   root    periodic weekly 2>&1 | sendmail root
30  5   1   *   *   root    periodic monthly 2>&1 | sendmail root
---

I see the man page of periodic command. It says 'periodic runs the
executable scripts and files in the specified directory.' The default
directory is /etc/periodic.

I have cron jobs setup to run between Monday and Saturday but not
Sunday. This periodic command runs my scripts every day although I
didn't put my scripts anywhere in /etc/periodic/

I want to disable those lines, but not sure if this leads to some
problems.

Regards,
--
Ertan Kucukoglu