Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:26:47 -0500
From:      "Michael W. Oliver" <michael@gargantuan.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   fwohci init on 5.3-RELEASE blowing up

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

Good morning folks, I am having trouble here and hope that you can help.
I just got a new machine here, and it is giving me fits with FreeBSD
5.3-RELEASE (amd64 ISO).  I am saying that this is a fwohci issue based
on the following thread on the dfly list:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=3D109967176800001&r=3D1&w=3D2

also noted in this thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-November/thread.htm=
l#42637

My question:  Is there a way to disable firewire at the loader prompt so
that I can get FreeBSD installed and cvsup to a point where this is
fixed?  If not, perhaps my only choice is to find a amd64 snapshot since
I cannot disable firewire in the BIOS.

Other suggestions welcome, thanks.

--=20
Michael W. Oliver
[see complete headers for contact information]

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l--