Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 16:05:34 -0400
From:      Robin Cutshaw <robin@intercore.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Robin Cutshaw <robin@intercore.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS cache problem in 3.0 SNAP

On Thu, Oct 09, 1997 at 07:25:04PM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Are you changing metadata, or file contents?

File contents.  I applied a patch to my backing tree for XFree86 and
then tried rebuilding and noticed that the patch was applied to the
backing tree but the NFS client did not see it.  It was at least
one minute and maybe two or three and the client still did not see
the change.

I do this procedure constantly and, as I said, I didn't have this
problem with the previous snap.

> You may want to consider MNFS?

My NFS server is a FreeBSD 2.2.x box and I have clients that don't
have MNFS (like linux-axp, linux-ix86, unixware, netbsd-ix86, solaris-x86).

(at least I assume that they don't have MNFS)...

robin
--
----
Robin Cutshaw         internet: robin@interlabs.com robin@intercore.com

    "Time is just one damn thing after another" -- PBS/Nova
----