Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:09:26 +0000
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
To:        Jo Rhett <jrhett@netconsonance.com>
Cc:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems with db185 authentication for apr 1.4.5 and apache 2.2.19 ?

run httpd -X
and then use ktrace -i / kdump
then grep for NAMI and the name of your file

On 07/26/11 09:35, Jo Rhett wrote:
> I have a 6.3 system which I just upgraded to 8.2, and obviously recompiled all ports from scratch. I cleared out the ports DB entirely, cleared out /usr/local entirely except for etc/config files.  Every other port on the system recompiled fine, except for apache.  It works for everything except reading authentication files. I'd deeply appreciate any assistance you can give to solving this.
>
> For some reason I can't figure out, BDB authentication using the built-in db 1.85 no longer works.
>
> 	dbmmanage /path/to/file view/adduser/delete/etc works fine
> 	file /path/to/file
> 		/path/to/file: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)
>
> Accessing from the web server always returns a 500 error with the following in the error log:
> 	(2)No such file or directory: could not open dbm (type default) auth file: /path/to/passwd.dat
>
> I've recompiled apr and apache with a variety of different options, and nothing works.  apr without any databases doesn't work. apr with BDB doesn't work, etc.  My options for apache have remained the same:
> 	APACHE_PORT=www/apache22
> 	WITH_DBM=bdb
> 	WITH_BDB_BASE=yes
>
> apr1$ make showconfig
> ===> The following configuration options are available for apr-ipv6-devrandom-db48-1.4.5.1.3.12:
>      THREADS=on "Enable Threads in apr"
>      IPV6=on "Enable IPV6 Support in apr"
>      BDB=off "Enable Berkley BDB support in apr-util"
>      GDBM=off "Enable GNU dbm support in apr-util"
>      LDAP=off "Enable LDAP support in apr-util"
>      MYSQL=off "Enable MySQL suport in apr-util"
>      NDBM=off "Enable NDBM support in apr-util"
>      PGSQL=off "Enable Postgresql suport in apr-util"
>      SQLITE=off "Enable SQLite3 support in apr-util"
>      DEVRANDOM=on "Use /dev/random or compatible in apr"
> ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
>
> apache22$ make showconfig
> ===> The following configuration options are available for apache-2.2.19:
>      THREADS=off "Enable threads support in APR"
>      MYSQL=off "Enable MySQL support for apr-dbd"
>      PGSQL=off "Enable PostgreSQL support for apr-dbd"
>      SQLITE=off "Enable SQLite support for apr-dbd"
>      IPV6=on "Enable IPv6 support"
>      BDB=on "Enable BerkeleyDB dbm"
>      AUTH_BASIC=on "Enable mod_auth_basic"
>      AUTH_DIGEST=on "Enable mod_auth_digest"
>      AUTHN_FILE=on "Enable mod_authn_file"
>      AUTHN_DBD=off "Enable mod_authn_dbd"
>      AUTHN_DBM=on "Enable mod_authn_dbm"
>      AUTHN_ANON=on "Enable mod_authn_anon"
>      AUTHN_DEFAULT=on "Enable mod_authn_default"
>      AUTHN_ALIAS=on "Enable mod_authn_alias"
>      AUTHZ_HOST=on "Enable mod_authz_host"
>      AUTHZ_GROUPFILE=on "Enable mod_authz_groupfile"
>      AUTHZ_USER=on "Enable mod_authz_user"
>      AUTHZ_DBM=on "Enable mod_authz_dbm"
>      AUTHZ_OWNER=on "Enable mod_authz_owner"
>      AUTHZ_DEFAULT=on "Enable mod_authz_default"
>      CACHE=on "Enable mod_cache"
>      DISK_CACHE=on "Enable mod_disk_cache"
>      FILE_CACHE=on "Enable mod_file_cache"
>      MEM_CACHE=off "Enable mod_mem_cache"
>      DAV=on "Enable mod_dav"
> [...]

VP Infrastructure,                Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.